The interests of the Analysis and Geometry Research Group include:
- Applied analysis: renormalization theory and nonlinear dynamical systems
- Complex analysis: the boundary behaviour of analytic and subharmonic functions
- Complex dynamics: the structure of the escaping set and dimensions of Julia sets of transcendental entire functions
- Fractal geometry: the structure of sets and measures in Euclidean spaces
- Hyperbolic geometry and continued fraction theory
Professor Gwyneth Stallard and Professor Phil Rippon have both been awarded the London Mathematical Society Whitehead Prize. They are currently funded by a three year EPSRC research grant entitled Baker's conjecture and Eremenko's conjecture: a unified approach.